The following email was received from Mel Stride MP for Central Devon, outlining some important information in relation to Coronavirus.



I am understandably receiving a huge volume of correspondence from concerned constituents about coronavirus and I thought you may find it helpful for residents in your town or parish to be aware of the key websites that I am advising people to go to for information, and for me to outline some of the issues I am chasing Government departments on. I am still fully available should any of your residents need my help and I can be best contacted at this email address. For those without internet access, the postal address is House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.

Medical Advice

Government Guidelines

Government Help and Support

HMRC Coronavirus Helpline
0800 015 9559

HMRC Self-Assessment Payment Helpline
0300 200 3822

Helpful information can also be found on the Devon County Council website at

I have written to Government departments seeking advice on behalf of constituents regarding various issues including travel (e.g. holidays booked at isolated self-catering accommodation), breweries, prison visits and support for self-employed workers.

Naturally, I have used my various communications with constituents, my website and local media to urge people to listen to the Government’s advice and adhere to it.  If anyone thinks they might be experiencing potential early coronavirus symptoms they should not to go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but instead visit NHS 111 online at: and only call 111 if they cannot get help online.

I know the vast majority of town and parish councils across Central Devon are already using every means at their disposal to communicate these guidelines, but if you are not, I would be grateful if you did so.